Saturday, December 7, 2013

WHO AM I?



I am a child of God  (Jn 1:12). But as many as received him, to them gave he power to become the sons of God, even to them that believe on his name:

I am the salt of the earth  (Matt 5:13). Ye are the salt of the earth: but if the salt have lost his savour, wherewith shall it be salted? it is thenceforth good for nothing, but to be cast out, and to be trodden under foot of men.

I am the light of the world  (Matt 5:14). Ye are the light of the world. A city that is set on an hill cannot be hid.
   
I am Christ's friend  (Jn 15:15). Henceforth I call you not servants; for the servant knoweth not what his lord doeth: but I have called you friends; for all things that I have heard of my Father I have made known unto you.

I am chosen and appointed by Christ to bear His fruit  (Jn 15:16). Ye have not chosen me, but I have chosen you, and ordained you, that ye should go and bring forth fruit, and that your fruit should remain: that whatsoever ye shall ask of the Father in my name, he may give it you.

I am a servant of righteousness  (Rom 6:18). Being then made free from sin, ye became the servants of righteousness.

I am God’s servant  (Rom 6:22). But now being made free from sin, and become servants to God, ye have your fruit unto holiness, and the end everlasting life.
 I am a son of God  (Rom 8:14; Gal 3:26; 4:6). For as many as are led by the Spirit of God, they are the sons of God.

For ye are all the children of God by faith in Christ Jesus.

And because ye are sons, God hath sent forth the Spirit of his Son into your hearts, crying, Abba, Father.

I am a joint heir with Christ, sharing His inheritance with Him  (Rom 8:17). And if children, then heirs; heirs of God, and joint-heirs with Christ; if so be that we suffer with him, that we may be also glorified together.

I am a temple, a dwelling place, of God. His Spirit dwells in me  (1 Cor 3:16; 6:19). Know ye not that ye are the temple of God, and that the Spirit of God dwelleth in you?

What? know ye not that your body is the temple of the Holy Ghost which is in you, which ye have of God, and ye are not your own?

I am joined to the Lord and one spirit with Him  (1 Cor 6:17). But he that is joined unto the Lord is one spirit.

I am a member of Christ's Body  (1 Cor 12:27; Eph 5:30). Now ye are the body of Christ, and members in particular.

For we are members of his body, of his flesh, and of his bones.

I am a new creation  (2 Cor 5:17). Therefore if any man be in Christ, he is a new creature: old things are passed away; behold, all things are become new.

I am a saint   (1 Cor 1:2)  To the church of God that is in Corinth, to those sanctified in Christ Jesus called to be saints together with all those who in every place call upon the name of our Lord Jesus Christ, both their Lord and ours:
 I am a fellow citizen with the rest of God's family  (Eph 2:19). Now therefore ye are no more strangers and foreigners, but fellowcitizens with the saints, and of the household of God;

I am a prisoner of Christ  (Eph 4:1). I therefore, the prisoner of the Lord, beseech you that ye walk worthy of the vocation wherewith ye are called,

I am righteous and holy  (Eph 4:24). And that ye put on the new man, which after God is created in righteousness and true holiness.

I am a citizen of Heaven  (Eph 2:6). But our citizenship is in heaven. And we eagerly await a Savior from there, the Lord Jesus Christ,

I am an elect of God, holy and dearly beloved  (Col 3:12; 1 Thess 1:4). Put on therefore, as the elect of God, holy and beloved, bowels of mercies, kindness, humbleness of mind, meekness, longsuffering;

Knowing, brethren beloved, your election of God.

I am a son of light and not of darkness  (1 Thess 5:5). Ye are all the children of light, and the children of the day: we are not of the night, nor of darkness.

I am a member of a chosen generation, a royal priesthood, a holy nation, a peculiar people  (1 Pet 2:9-10). But ye are a chosen generation, a royal priesthood, an holy nation, a peculiar people; that ye should shew forth the praises of him who hath called you out of darkness into his marvellous light: 10 Which in time past were not a people, but are now the people of God: which had not obtained mercy, but now have obtained mercy.

I am an enemy of the devil  (1 Pet 5:8). Be sober, be vigilant; because your adversary the devil, as a roaring lion, walketh about, seeking whom he may devour:
  
I am a child of God and that wicked one, the devil, cannot touch me  (1 Jn 5:18). We know that whosoever is born of God sinneth not; but
he that is begotten of God keepeth himself, and that wicked one toucheth him not.

I am not the great I am  (Ex 3:14; Jn 8:24, 28, 58), but by the grace of God, I am what I am (1 Cor 15:10). And God said unto Moses, I AM THAT I AM: and he said, Thus shalt thou say unto the children of Israel, I AM hath sent me unto you.

But by the grace of God I am what I am, and his grace to me was not without effect. No, I worked harder than all of them—yet not I, but the grace of God that was with me.

Since I am in Christ, by the grace of God. . .

I have been buried with him in baptism (Rom 6:4; Col 2:12), In His name (Acts 2:38). Therefore we are buried with him by baptism into death: that like as Christ was raised up from the dead by the glory of the Father, even so we also should walk in newness of life.

Buried with him in baptism, wherein also ye are risen with him through the faith of the operation of God, who hath raised him from the dead.

Then Peter said unto them, Repent, and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins, and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost.

I have received power from on high (Luke 24:49) by receiving the Holy Ghost (Acts 2:38) And, behold, I send the promise of my Father upon you: but tarry ye in the city of Jerusalem, until ye be endued with power from on high.

Then Peter said unto them, Repent, and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins, and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost.

I have been justified, completely washed and sanctified  (Rom 5:1; I Cor 6:11). Therefore being justified by faith, we have peace with God through our Lord Jesus Christ: 

And such were some of you: but ye are washed, but ye are sanctified, but ye are justified in the name of the Lord Jesus, and by the Spirit of our God.

I am free forever from condemnation  (Rom 8:1).  There is therefore now no condemnation to them which are in Christ Jesus, who walk not after the flesh, but after the Spirit.

I have received the Spirit of God into my life that I might know the things freely given to me by God  (1 Cor 2:12).  Now we have received, not the spirit of the world, but the spirit which is of God; that we might know the things that are freely given to us of God.

I have been given the mind of Christ  (1 Cor 2:16).  For who hath known the mind of the Lord, that he may instruct him? But we have the mind of Christ.

I have been bought with a price; I am not my own; I belong to God  (1 Cor 6:19-20). What? know ye not that your body is the temple of the Holy Ghost which is in you, which ye have of God, and ye are not your own? 20 For ye are bought with a price: therefore glorify God in your body, and in your spirit, which are God’s.

I have been blessed with every spiritual blessing  (Eph 1:3).  Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, who hath blessed us with all spiritual blessings in heavenly places in Christ:

I was chosen in Christ before the foundation of the world to be holy and without blame before Him  (Eph 1:4).  According as he hath chosen us in him before the foundation of the world, that we should be holy and without blame before him in love:
 I was predestined, determined by God, to be adopted as God's son  (Eph 1:5) Having predestinated us unto the adoption of children
by Jesus Christ to himself, according to the good pleasure of his will,
  
I have direct access to God through the Spirit  (Eph 2:18). For through him we both have access by one Spirit unto the Father.

I may approach God with boldness, freedom and confidence  (Eph 3:12).  In him and through faith in him we may approach God with freedom and confidence.

I have been rescued from the domain of satan's rule and transferred to the kingdom of Christ (Col 1:13). For he has rescued us from the dominion of darkness and brought us into the kingdom of the Son he loves,
  
I am firmly rooted in Christ and am now being built up in Him  (Col 2:7). Rooted and built up in him, and stablished in the faith, as ye have been taught, abounding therein with thanksgiving.

I have been made complete in Christ  (Col 2:10).  And ye are complete in him, which is the head of all principality and power.

I will be saved from wrath  (I Thess 5:9).  For God hath not appointed us to wrath, but to obtain salvation by our Lord Jesus Christ,

I will be resurrected from this world to be with the Lord forever  (I Thess 4:16-17).  For the Lord himself shall descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of the archangel, and with the trump of God: and the dead in Christ shall rise first: Then we which are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds, to meet the Lord in the air: and so shall we ever be with the Lord.

Kim Howard (318) 450-2148
email: kimlovesjesus@icloud.com
www.womanofgodinlouisiana.blogspot.com

No comments: