Wednesday, July 15, 2015

HOMESICK


In John 14:2-3 Jesus said, In my Father’s house are many mansions: if it were not so, I would not have told you. I go to prepare a place for you. And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come again, and receive you unto myself; that where I am, there you may be also.

My citizenship is in heaven. This world is no longer my home. I am just a pilgrim passing through this land called earth. My true citizenship, my true home is in heaven, and from it I await my Saviour, the Lord Jesus Christ, who will transform my lowly body to be like His glorious body (Philippians 3:20-21).

Yes! My Lord Jesus Christ, is already there preparing a place for me (John 14:2-3). I long for my heavenly home. I can just imagine the joyous reunion that awaits me there!

So now I desire a better country, that is, a heavenly one, where God is not ashamed to be called my God, for He has prepared for me a city (Hebrews 11:16).

The closer I get to God in His word the more sick I become with longing and cry out in my pain, “if you find my Beloved, please tell Him I am sick of love” (Song of Solomon 5:8).

For in this body I groan, earnestly desiring to be clothed upon with my house which is from heaven (2 Corinthians 5:2).

All of creation groans and travails in pain together with me.  I groan within myself, waiting for the adoption, the redemption of my body (Romans 8:21-23).

For now I am torn between the two, having a desire to depart, and to be with Christ, which is far better, but for now it is better that I stay for my family to try and win them to Jesus (Philippians 1:23-24).

Until then God, You are my God and I will look for You. My soul thirsts for You, my flesh longs for You as if I am in a dry and thirsty land where there is no water. Because Your lovingkindness is better than life, my lips will praise You. Yes, I will bless You while I live, I will lift up my hands in Your Name (Psalms 63:1-4).

My soul yearns for You in the night and early in the morning will my spirit seek You (Isaiah 26:9).

Whom do I have in heaven but You? I desire You more than anything on earth. My health may fail, and my spirit may grow weak, but God remains the strength of my heart, He is mine forever! (Psalms 73:25-26).

I long for God, my soul thirst for God, the living God! When can I go and stand before Him? (Psalms 42:1-2).

Yes! The Lord is continually with me, He holds me by my right hand. He shall guide me with His counsel, and afterwards He will receive me to glory (Psalms 73:23-24).


And now until then to God and my Father be glory for ever and ever. Amen!

No comments: