Friday, March 8, 2013

Who was Jesus?


Who was this Jesus? This is one of the most important questions we could ever answer. Jesus had asked His disciples, "Whom say ye that I am?" (Matthew 16:15) Was he a prophet? Yes, much more than that. A diligent comparison of Old Testament Scriptures with the New, will reveal that He was God manifest in the flesh (1 Timothy 3:16).

The most crucial importance of the text of the Old Testament, to the Hebrew scholar, is Deuteronomy 6:4-9. This lesson is very basic: There is but One God. This truth is born out in a multitude of Scriptures (refer to chart). According to John 4:23-24, this One God is a Spirit. Who is Jesus? He is God! He is God with us (Isaiah 7:14). He is the Mighty God, the Everlasting Father (Isaiah 9:6). He is the One Who created us (Genesis 1:1; Malachi 2:10; John 1:3). (Refer to Chart)

While Jesus Christ was God, He was also man. This is the mystery of Godliness: God was manifest in the flesh (1 Timothy 3:16). As a man, he hungered, slept, was weary, and wept. As God he fed the 5,000, healed the sick and raised the dead.

Great confusion is created by those who forget that Jesus was both God and man. He was fully God and fully man!

All scripture points to the grand truth that there is but One God:
God is the Creator; Jesus is the Creator.
God is the Savior and Redeemer; Jesus is the Savior and Redeemer.
God is the Shepherd; Jesus is the Shepherd.
God is the King; Jesus is the King.
God is the I AM and the I AM HE; Jesus is the I AM and the I AM He.
God is the First and the Last; Jesus is the First and the Last.
God is the Rock; Jesus is the Rock.
God is Coming; Jesus is Coming.

The importance of the identity of Jesus Christ cannot be stressed too much. The Pharisees had asked Him, "Where is thy Father?" Jesus answered, "Ye neither know me, nor my Father: if ye had known me ye should have known my Father also... for if ye believe not that I am he, ye shall die in your sins" (John 8:19-24). Philip, one of the disciples, said to Him, "Lord, show us the Father, and it sufficeth us." Jesus responded, "Have I been so long time with you, and yet hast thou not known me, Philip? He that hath seen me hath seen the Father; and how sayest thou then, show us the Father? Believest thou not that I am in the Father, and the Father in me? the words that I speak unto you I speak not of myself but the Father that dwelleth in me, he doeth the works. Believe me that I am in the Father, and the Father in me: or else believe me for the very works' sake" (John 14:8-11)

The Father (John 4:23,24), was in the Son (Galatians 4:4). Thus, it was not two separate persons, but God (Spirit) MANIFEST IN THE FLESH (body) (1 Timothy 3:16). "God (Spirit) was in Christ (body) reconciling the world unto himself" (II Corinthians 5:19).

Who was Jesus? He was the Mighty God, the Everlasting Father (Isaiah 9:6). He willing left heaven's splendor and came to earth in the form of a servant and was made in the likeness of men (Philippians 2:5-8).

Paul clearly revealed the essential oneness of God in Ephesians 4:5-6:

      "One Lord, one faith, one baptism, One God and Father of all, who is above 
   all, and through all, and in you all."


The Mighty God in Christ:


He was in the world, and the world was made by him, and the world knew him not. (John 1:16)

Let this mind be in you, which was also in Christ Jesus: Who, being in the form of God, thought it not robbery to be equal with God: But made himself of no reputation, and took upon him the form of a servant, and was made in the likeness of men: Ad being found in fashion as a man, he humbled himself, and became obedient unto death, even the death of the cross. (Philippians 2:5-8)

But to us there is but one God, the Father, of whom are all things, and we in him; and one Lord Jesus Christ, by whom are all things, and we by him. (I Corinthians 8:6)

To wit, that God was in Christ, reconciling the world unto himself, not imputing their trespasses unto them; and hath committed unto us the word of reconciliation. (2 Corinthians 5:19)

Have we not all one father? hath not one God created us? (Malachi 2:10)

Hear, O Israel: The Lord our God is one Lord: (Deuteronomy 6:4)

All things were made by him, and without him was not any thing made that was made. (John 1:3)

But the hour cometh, and now is, when the true worshippers shall worship the Father in spirit and in truth: for the Father seeketh such to worship him. God is a Spirit: and they that worship him must worship him in spirit and in truth. (John 4:23, 24)

And in the midst of the seven candlesticks one like unto the Son of man, clothed with a garment down to the foot, and girt about the paps with a golden girdle. And when I saw him, I fell at his feet as dead. And he laid his right hand upon me, saying unto me, Fear not; I am the first and the last: (Revelation 1:13, 17)

I am Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the end, the first and the last. I Jesus have sent mine angel to testify unto you these things in the churches. I am the root and the offspring of David, and the bright and morning star. (Revelation 22:13,16)

email: kimlovesjesus@icloud.com


No comments: