Saturday, February 13, 2016

1 Corinthians 13 (Love Never Fails)

Charity (LOVE)
Paraphrased by Me

Although I speak with tongues of men and of angels, and have not love, the sound of my voice is as meaningless as a sounding brass, or a tinkling cymbal.

Although I have the gift of prophecy, and understand all mysteries, and have all knowledge. Even if I have all faith, so that I can remove mountains, and do not have love, I am nothing.

Although I give all my goods to feed the poor, and I give my body to be burned, and do not have love, it profits me nothing.

Love suffers long, and is kind, it does not envy, does not vault itself up, or get puffed up. Love does not behave unseemly, does not seek glory, is not easily provoked, thinks no evil, does not rejoice in iniquity, but rejoices in the truth. Love bears all things, believes all things, hopes all things, and endures all things. Love never fails.

But where there is prophecies they shall fail, and where there is tongues, they shall cease, where there is knowledge, it shall vanish away, for we know in part, and we prophesy in part, but when that which is perfect is come, then that which is in part shall be done away with.

When I was a child, I behaved as a child, and understood as a child, but when I became an adult, I put away childish things.

For now we see through a glass that is dark, but then, we will see clearly as face to face, now I know in part, but then, I shall know even as I am also known.

But for now abides faith, hope, and love, but the greatest of these three is LOVE.


·       Used the word love in place of charity.
·       Charity – brotherly love, love, good will, affection, love feasts.





No comments: